Heat Mat 240v Mirror Demister
Heat Mat's Mirror demisters are ideal for hotel developments or projects with multiple bathrooms. A simple to install solution to ensure mirrors remain permanently condensation free in a bathroom. The demister should be switched and can be wired up through the lighting circuit so it only heats when the bathroom is in use, and 40cm by 45cm unit uses only 36 Watts of power per hour.
- Automatically ensures mirrors are steam free after bathing or showering
- Uses up to 50% less power consumption than the leading alternative
- Regularly used in hotels, new build and refurbishment projects
- Bespoke sizes and Voltages are available on request (110V, 24V and 12V SELV)
- Over 400 different sizes to ensure a perfect fit, every time
Selecting the correct size demister
Normally the mirror demister closest in size, but smaller than the mirror in question should be selected. The area covered will remain condensation free plus an additional margin around the edge of the mirror demister. We recommend covering at least 70% of the mirror to provide effective heating, and you should aim for a margin of 50mm (25mm min)between the edge of the mirror heater and the edge of the mirror.
Combining multiple units
Multiple units can be combined to ensure complete coverage for the mirror in question. When units are combined there must be a 10mm gap between each demister, and they should be wired in parallel.
Although mirror demisters are usually installed covering the majority of the mirror, there is no requirement for this to be the case and some people prefer the look of a smaller panel in the centre of the mirror to be clear, surrounded by an area of condensation. To obtain this effect, select a mirror demister significantly smaller than your mirror.
Mirror demisters have a self-adhesive backing enabling it to be easily attached to the reverse of a mirror. The mirror can then be affixed to the wall and the mirror demister can be covered with mirror adhesive, which must be solvent free. If being used with a safety-backed mirror the backing should be earthed, as should all metal parts surrounding the mirror.
Suitable for nearly all mirrors
Glass is a good conductor of heat and mirror demisters are suitable for all recognised thicknesses of mirror. The thicker the mirror, the longer it will take for the heat to permeate. We do not recommend heating mirrors with any cut-outs for sockets or lights etc. as these significantly weaken the mirrors and can lead to cracking.
If you are going to affix the mirror with screws, you should ensure that the screws have rubber spacers so that only the mirror is in contact with the spacers and is free to move slightly.
Mirror demisters are particularly suitable for use in hotel projects where it can be wired in through either the bathroom lighting system or the key-card operated circuit. Mirror demisters are specified as standard in most new hotel complexes or refurbishments.
Bespoke mirror heaters
Bespoke units can be manufactured to order as required. Alternative requirements for panel sizes, lengths of coldtail or Voltages can be easily accommodated.
Approved and guaranteed
Heat Mat’s mirror Demister systems are BEAB approved, manufactured in the UK in a BEAB approved factory and supplied with a Lifetime Warranty.
- A simple to install product that automatically ensures mirrors remain condensation free
- Suitable for nearly all types of mirror
- Available in various Voltages and a wide variety of sizes which can be mixed and
- matched to ensure the perfect fit for your mirror, every time
- Low power consumption; uses half the power of some alternative systems
- Mains Voltage operation, removes the need for transformers
- Bespoke sizes, and low Voltage models available
- Transformers are available for 12 Volt SELV units
- Suitable for integration with a home automation or passive infrared system
- Resistant to moisture, vibration and ageing
- Supplied with a Lifetime Warranty
- Independently BEAB approved and made in the UK
- No thermostat required in standard installations
- Heating element: Carbon with copper connections
- Power output: 200W/sqm
- Supply Voltage: 230V +/- 10%
- Alternative Voltages: 110, 24, 12V units available
- Housing: IP44
- Insulation: Double insulated
- Dimensions: Varies between products
- Coldtail lead: 1m 0.75mm2 double insulated cable
Mirror demisters are available in standard 230V or 110V, 24V and 12V low voltage SELV rated versions.
Standard 230V demisters are suited to the majority of bathroom refurbishments or installations. SELV rated Mirror demister pads and transformers are available for areas where this level of protection is required such as wet rooms. This will be guided by the contractor on site and the project specifications.
Why Choose Heatmat
A. Robust PVC (Y) outer insulation
B. 100% aluminium earth shield for safety
C. High load earth drain wire
D. Fibreglass reinforcement cable for tensile strength
E. Fluoropolymer insulation rated to 200ºC
F. Litzer style twin spiral wound resistance wires
Heat Mat’s electric underfloor heating mats are independently BEAB and Semko approved, manufactured in Denmark in our BEAB approved factory, and supplied with a Lifetime Warranty. They are also certified by Semko as having a very low EMC radiation, which is a result of their twin conductor design and 100% aluminium earth shield.
With more than 1,400,000m2 of underfloor heating installed, 22 years’ experience of the UK underfloor heating market and a wealth of knowledge on Scandinavian ice and snow melting systems, you can rely on Heat Mat to understand your needs and supply the products to satisfy your requirements.
This is why they are the Professionals’ Choice, the number one supplier of electric underfloor heating and ice and snow melting systems to the UK’s professional installation market