Heat Mat FRO-GUT-GUID Downpipe Cable Guide
Trace heating cables provide focused and controllable heat to prevent pipes and gutters from freezing, or to maintain process temperatures. The major benefits of trace heating are that the specialist cables ‘self regulate’ their temperature so they cannot overheat, and they can also be cut to length during installation to ensure the perfect fit, every time.
Heat Mat supply a wide variety of high quality European and US manufactured trace heating cables suitable for the vast majority of applications. These heating cables are backed up by a comprehensive range of trace heating, ice and snow melting thermostats and wiring accessories.
Key Features Of The Trace Heating Range
- Frost protection of water pipes and condensate/drainage pipes
- Maintain process temperatures
- Ice and snow melting on roofs and in gutters
- Ice prevention in down pipes and waste pipes
- Temperature maintenance of air ducts extracting dust, or of containers for dry food, to prevent condensation build-up and blockages
- A wide variety of cable types and outputs to satisfy various applications
- Standard range from 12W to 28W per meter
- High quality junction boxes and thermostats provide a comprehensive and fast to install system
Trace Heating cables are significantly more intelligent than ‘standard’ heating cables. They are created by placing a self-regulating heating element between two bus wires, one live and one neutral. When power is connected to these bus wires the heating element receives 230V, causing it to heat up. Each element contains specialist compounds that change resistance depending on their temperature, leading to the power output of the heating element falling as the cable gets warmer.
Why Choose Heatmat
With more than 1,400,000m2 of underfloor heating installed, 22 years’ experience of the UK underfloor heating market and a wealth of knowledge on Scandinavian ice and snow melting systems, you can rely on Heat Mat to understand your needs and supply the products to satisfy your requirements.
This is why they are the Professionals’ Choice, the number one supplier of electric underfloor heating and ice and snow melting systems to the UK’s professional installation market