Heat Mat PKM-200 Underfloor Heating Mat 200Wsqm (High Power)
Heat Mat offers A professional fast to fit system designed to provide energy efficient tile warming, and room heating, in all types of room. This award winning underfloor heating mat range reacts significantly faster than less powerful systems, and its ultra thin construction ensures floor levels are only raised by a few millimetres.
200W heating mats are a remarkably simple to operate heating system, when used in combination with Heat Mat’s NGTouch thermostat, providing luxurious warm tile or natural stone floors.
- Designed to provide sole source heating, even in conservatories and other high heat loss rooms
- Dramatically reduced response time compared to 110W and 160W/sqm systems
- When used with an intelligent thermostat timer, 200W systems are more energy efficient and cost less to run than lower powered alternatives
- Technologically advanced wire design delivers minimal build height combined with a robust high powered heating cable
- Particularly suitable for large areas, where loose heating cables could take three times as long to fit
Selecting the correct sized heating mats
To start with you will need to calculate the free floor area (FFA). To calculate the FFA you should measure the room to find out the total floor area. You should then subtract from this any areas where kitchen or bathroom furniture will be placed, or where furniture without an air gap beneath it will be positioned. Once you have taken off these areas you have your FFA. Our recommendation is to deduct 10% for fitting space in rooms up to 15m2, 7% for rooms between 16m2 and 25m2, and 5% fitting space for larger rooms.
Combining multiple units
200W heating mats are designed to be laid together with other 200W mats to ensure the perfect fit every time. The mats are wired into the thermostat or junction box in parallel, but it is important to ensure that any other mats used in the same room are also rated at 200W/sqm.
Simple and speedy installation
Heat Mat electric underfloor heating mats are incredibly simple to install, and in large areas can take one third of the time a loose heating cable would take to fit. The mats can be cut and turned to ensure that they fit the room perfectly, and for particularly complicated areas the cable can be stripped from the mat and laid as a loose cable. The mats readily affix to the floor with the four strips of double-sided tape, and the strong fibreglass mesh above the cable ensures it is protected during tiling.
Sub-floor surfaces and insulation board
For the most energy efficient system and the fastest warm up time we recommend laying 200W heating mats onto Heat Mat thermal insulation board. Mats can also be laid onto pre-primed concrete, tile or stone surfaces or suitably secured ply board skimmed with 2mm of tile adhesive
Bespoke heating mats
Bespoke units can be manufactured to order for hotel or Pod projects, with alternative coverages, widths, Wattage outputs and cable thicknesses available.
Energy efficient solution
200W heating mats are almost 100% efficient at converting electricity into heat and they can easily be powered by locally generated electricity from either photovoltaic or wind power sources. When used with Heat Mat’s NGT thermostat they form a Part L compliant system, and they are also suitable for integration into a home/building automation system.
- Low power consumption heating mats suitable for very well insulated properties
- Perfect for situations where a limited power supply is available
- This system minimises the risk of thermal blocks above the heating elements
- Compatible with thermal insulation boards for increased efficiency
- Pre-spaced heating cable for speedy installation and uniform heat output
- Simple cut and turn design enables significantly faster installation than with loose cable
- Ultra-thin fluoropolymer insulated cable ensures minimum build height
- Dual conductor cable design means only one connection lead
- A large range of standard sizes which can be mixed and matched to ensure the perfect fit
- Supplied with a Lifetime Warranty
- Independently BEAB and Semko approved for safety
- Part L Compliant to provide an energy efficient heating system
- Hand made in Denmark
- Supply Voltage, 230V +/- 10
- Power output, 200W/sqm
- Output range, 120W – 2620W
- Maximum load, 20W/meter
- Standard range, 0.6m2 – 13.2m 2
- Mat dimensions, 0.5m wide x 1.2m to 26.4m
- Coldtail lead, 4m double insulated cable
- Wire thickness, 2.7mm – 3.2mm
- Cable flexibility, Minimum radius 18mm
- IP Rating, IPX7
- Inner insulation, Fluoropolymer (FEP Y7) 200oC
- Outer insulation, PVC (Y) 90oC
- Earth protection, 100% aluminium earth shield
- Cable reinforcement, Fibreglass strands
- Reinforcement mesh, Fibreglass mesh
- Fixing materials, 3 rows of double-sided tape
- Compliant with Part L, 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations, EN 60335-1:1998, EN60335-2-17:1999, IEC 60730
Why Choose Heatmat
A. Robust PVC (Y) outer insulation
B. 100% aluminium earth shield for safety
C. High load earth drain wire
D. Fibreglass reinforcement cable for tensile strength
E. Fluoropolymer insulation rated to 200ºC
F. Litzer style twin spiral wound resistance wires
Heat Mat’s electric underfloor heating mats are independently BEAB and Semko approved, manufactured in Denmark in our BEAB approved factory, and supplied with a Lifetime Warranty. They are also certified by Semko as having a very low EMC radiation, which is a result of their twin conductor design and 100% aluminium earth shield.
With more than 1,400,000m2 of underfloor heating installed, 22 years’ experience of the UK underfloor heating market and a wealth of knowledge on Scandinavian ice and snow melting systems, you can rely on Heat Mat to understand your needs and supply the products to satisfy your requirements.
This is why they are the Professionals’ Choice, the number one supplier of electric underfloor heating and ice and snow melting systems to the UK’s professional installation market.